Here, you will find a list of my career achievements, broken down by year.
2020 - aged 25
- Wrote and published my second book, Conflict: The Yankees, the Red Sox and the War for My Heart, available now in paperback and Kindle eBook formats through Amazon.
- Managed and wrote a successful submission for Hill Dickinson in the Working Families Awards for Best Flexible Working. Our submission beat lucrative shortlisted organisations such as the Civil Service, Royal Air Force and Zurich Insurance Group. As judged by workforce, those aforementioned bodies are 500, 40 and 60 times larger than Hill Dickinson, respectively, highlighting why this is such a major achievement for the firm.
- Promoted to Bid Manager at Hill Dickinson, becoming the youngest manager in the entire company.
- Appeared live on talkSPORT, the world's largest sports radio station, previewing an FA Cup 3rd round tie between Watford and Tranmere Rovers.
2019 - aged 25
- Won contracts totalling 4 years and £750,000 in value while bid writing for Hill Dickinson.
- Won first international contract through tendering for Hill Dickinson, successfully bidding for legal services work with an Abu Dhabi oil company.
- Presented awards at South Wirral Upper School Presentation Evening as a special guest speaker. You can read my keynote speech here.
- Helped organise and operate TEDx Liverpool, an independently organised conference under the famous TED Talks umbrella.
- Gained a number of marketing agency clients, contributing paid SEO content writing and other services.
- Appeared on the first episode of PAPYRUS Hopecast, discussing my battles with suicidal ideation and how the charity helped me.
- Appeared on This is Tranmere, an independent fan podcast, promoting my book and website.
- Held a successful book signing event at Prenton Park, meeting many Tranmere Rovers fans who enjoy my work.
- Launched Planet Prentonia merchandise.
- Appeared on Radio City Talk to analyse Tranmere Rovers.
- Appeared on BBC Radio Merseyside, promoting Planet Prentonia and discussing my mental health journey.
- Interviewed John Hassall of The Libertines for The Mind Map.
- Featured by The Wirral Globe, promoting my book and telling my story of mental health problems.
- Wrote and published Planet Prentonia: The Real Story of Tranmere Rovers, available now on Amazon.
- Rebranded and relaunched Planet Prentonia as a blog under the ryanferguson.co.uk brand.
- Featured by MLB.com in an article about the most passionate baseball fans in Britain.
- Interviewed by Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, appeared in a feature story about the most committed baseball fans in Britain.
- Attended the MLB London Series between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. Had a chance to network with heroes from my baseball obsessed youth.
- Began working with The Mind Map, a mental health charity based in Liverpool. I help the organisation with SEO and content marketing.
- Gained HubSpot certification in Content Marketing and SEO.
- Completed my first 10k, raising more than £400 for PAPYRUS.
- Began working with the marketing department of Hill Dickinson LLP, a commercial law firm with offices in England, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore and Monaco.
- Launched ryanferguson.co.uk, a central home for my work and community outreach goal. This marked my transition from corporate employment to focusing on my own business objectives.
2018 - aged 24
- Promoted to executive Commercial Director of North Star Environmental.
- Won contracts totalling 16 years and £1.2 million in value while leading the bid writing team at North Star Environmental.
- Managed a 4.4% year-on-year growth in commercial sales at North Star Environmental between 2017-2018.
- Acted as client relationship manager for illustrious council and university clients at North Star Environmental.
- Attained IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Wrote the season ticket brochure for Tranmere Rovers, generating a historic rise in sales.
- Implemented an Employee Assistance Programme at North Star Environmental.
- Established the first Human Resources department in the history of North Star Environmental.
2017 - aged 23
- Won contracts totalling 40 years and £3.7 million as bid manager at North Star Environmental.
- Promoted to Commercial Manager of North Star Environmental.
- Led expansion of North Star Environmental into Northern Ireland, recruiting a regional manager and establishing an office in Belfast.
- Took responsibility for elements of recruitment at North Star Environmental.
- Provided research consultancy services to BT Sport prior to a Tranmere Rovers playoff match broadcast live by the network.
- Wrote a landmark piece previewing Tranmere Rovers' National League playoff campaign. A Time for Glory was shared by the club owners, praised by historic legends, and read to the squad by manager Micky Mellon prior to a match.
- Led North Star Environmental into the realm of digital marketing.
- Delivered a full corporate film for North Star Environmental.
- Delivered a new website for North Star Environmental ahead of time and under budget. I liaised with key stakeholders on the design, while writing all content myself.
- Launched the first social media accounts in North Star Environmental history.
- Attained UKATA Asbestos Awareness accreditation.
- Headhunted by the owner of North Star Environmental to serve as the company's Media Manager.
2016 - aged 22
- Appeared on several BBC radio stations analysing the 2016 Major League Baseball World Series.
- Covered the Major League Baseball World Series for BBC Sport, reporting on the Chicago Cubs' historic curse-breaking triumph.
- Joined These Football Times as a staff writer.
- Published by Lohud.com, writing about the New York Yankees.
- Chosen by Nick Hilton, longtime Tranmere Rovers reporter, to cover Tranmere Rovers for the Liverpool Echo on a short-term interim basis.
- Published by Paste Magazine, writing about Olympics baseball.
- Landed an exclusive interview with Nicola Palios, co-owner of Tranmere Rovers. This was published in Love Wirral magazine.
2015 - aged 21
- Published by the Montreal Gazette, writing about the Canadiens and NHL.
- Syndicated by the Vancouver Sun.
- Launched Pinstripe Galaxy, a hub of New York Yankees news, history, opinion, culture and stats. Its original name was UK Yankee Fans, before a subsequent rebrand.
- Became a Major League Baseball feature writer for The Guardian.
- Launched Planet Prentonia, a digital enterprise telling the real story of Tranmere Rovers.
- Became a professional feature writer for The Lake magazine.
- Joined Yawkey Way Report as a professional Red Sox blogger and magazine feature writer.
- Joined Love Wirral magazine as their professional Tranmere Rovers reporter.
2014 - aged 20
- Completed FA Level 1 course in football coaching.
- Became a Major League Baseball columnist for FanSided.
- Published by the Southern Daily Echo, writing about Ronald Koeman becoming Southampton manager.
- Joined Football Oranje as a staff writer, mainly covering PSV and the Dutch national team.
- Published by Cubs Insider, writing about the Chicago Cubs.
- Published by Late Tackle magazine.
- Published by Football Weekends magazine.
- Became a voluntary product tester for Unilever, participating in consumer research projects.
2013 - aged 19
- Award-winning article about baseball in Britain published by SABR, the Society for American Baseball Research.
- Won the British Baseball Writing Award as the leading writer on that sport in the United Kingdom.
- Became a qualified driver, gaining a full UK Driving License.
- Interviewed Gabe Kapler, a World Series champion with the Boston Red Sox.
- Secured a place to study Journalism at Liverpool John Moores University, but developed a freelance career in the meantime, foregoing extra studies for professional advancement.
- Gained three A-Levels at South Wirral VI Form, studying English Literature, Philosophy & Ethics and IT.
- Completed a work experience placement within a local Liberal Democrat press office.
2012 - aged 18
- Joined the media department of Tranmere Rovers on a voluntary basis, writing content for the award-winning matchday programme.
- Became a columnist for GUAR, the leading Tranmere Rovers fanzine.
- Began blogging about baseball more regularly.
- Covered Euro 2012 on a personal football blog.
2011 - aged 17
- Covered the AA North Division as a beat reporter for the British Baseball Federation.
- Gained 11 GCSEs from South Wirral High School, inclusive of 1A*, 2A, 6B and 2C.
2010 - aged 16
- Achieved an A* grade in GCSE English Language twelve months early, completing the course with unprecedented skill.
- Named South Wirral Upper School English Champion in recognition of excellent performance in that subject.
2009 - aged 15
- Became chief Tranmere Rovers reporter for the South Wirral school website.
- Named South Wirral Lower School French Champion as the best-performing student in that subject.
2008 - aged 14
- Wrote an unpublished book, 799 pages in length, chronicling the 2008 Boston Red Sox.