Here, you will find a list of my career achievements, broken down by year.
2020 - aged 25
- Appeared live on talkSPORT, the world's largest sports radio station, previewing an FA Cup 3rd round tie between Watford and Tranmere Rovers.
2019 - aged 25
- Won contracts totalling 4 years and £750,000 in value while bid writing for Hill Dickinson.
- Won first international contract through tendering for Hill Dickinson, successfully bidding for legal services work with an Abu Dhabi oil company.
- Presented awards at South Wirral Upper School Presentation Evening as a special guest speaker. You can read my keynote speech here.
- Helped organise and operate TEDx Liverpool, an independently organised conference under the famous TED Talks umbrella.
- Gained a number of marketing agency clients, contributing paid SEO content writing and other services.
- Appeared on the first episode of PAPYRUS Hopecast, discussing my battles with suicidal ideation and how the charity helped me.
- Appeared on This is Tranmere, an independent fan podcast, promoting my book and website.
- Held a successful book signing event at Prenton Park, meeting many Tranmere Rovers fans who enjoy my work.
- Launched Planet Prentonia merchandise.
- Appeared on Radio City Talk to analyse Tranmere Rovers.
- Appeared on BBC Radio Merseyside, promoting Planet Prentonia and discussing my mental health journey.
- Interviewed John Hassall of The Libertines for The Mind Map.
- Featured by The Wirral Globe, promoting my book and telling my story of mental health problems.
- Wrote and published Planet Prentonia: The Real Story of Tranmere Rovers, available now on Amazon.
- Rebranded and relaunched Planet Prentonia as a blog under the ryanferguson.co.uk brand.
- Featured by MLB.com in an article about the most passionate baseball fans in Britain.
- Interviewed by Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, appeared in a feature story about the most committed baseball fans in Britain.
- Attended the MLB London Series between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. Had a chance to network with heroes from my baseball obsessed youth.
- Began working with The Mind Map, a mental health charity based in Liverpool. I help the organisation with SEO and content marketing.
- Gained HubSpot certification in Content Marketing and SEO.
- Completed my first 10k, raising more than £400 for PAPYRUS.
- Began working with the marketing department of Hill Dickinson LLP, a commercial law firm with offices in England, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore and Monaco.
- Launched ryanferguson.co.uk, a central home for my work and community outreach goal. This marked my transition from corporate employment to focusing on my own business objectives.
2018 - aged 24
- Promoted to executive Commercial Director of North Star Environmental.
- Won contracts totalling 16 years and £1.2 million in value while leading the bid writing team at North Star Environmental.
- Managed a 4.4% year-on-year growth in commercial sales at North Star Environmental between 2017-2018.
- Acted as client relationship manager for illustrious council and university clients at North Star Environmental.
- Attained IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Wrote the season ticket brochure for Tranmere Rovers, generating a historic rise in sales.
- Implemented an Employee Assistance Programme at North Star Environmental.
- Established the first Human Resources department in the history of North Star Environmental.
2017 - aged 23
- Won contracts totalling 40 years and £3.7 million as bid manager at North Star Environmental.
- Promoted to Commercial Manager of North Star Environmental.
- Led expansion of North Star Environmental into Northern Ireland, recruiting a regional manager and establishing an office in Belfast.
- Took responsibility for elements of recruitment at North Star Environmental.
- Provided research consultancy services to BT Sport prior to a Tranmere Rovers playoff match broadcast live by the network.
- Wrote a landmark piece previewing Tranmere Rovers' National League playoff campaign. A Time for Glory was shared by the club owners, praised by historic legends, and read to the squad by manager Micky Mellon prior to a match.
- Led North Star Environmental into the realm of digital marketing.
- Delivered a full corporate film for North Star Environmental.
- Delivered a new website for North Star Environmental ahead of time and under budget. I liaised with key stakeholders on the design, while writing all content myself.
- Launched the first social media accounts in North Star Environmental history.
- Attained UKATA Asbestos Awareness accreditation.
- Headhunted by the owner of North Star Environmental to serve as the company's Media Manager.
2016 - aged 22
- Appeared on several BBC radio stations analysing the 2016 Major League Baseball World Series.
- Covered the Major League Baseball World Series for BBC Sport, reporting on the Chicago Cubs' historic curse-breaking triumph.
- Joined These Football Times as a staff writer.
- Published by Lohud.com, writing about the New York Yankees.
- Chosen by Nick Hilton, longtime Tranmere Rovers reporter, to cover Tranmere Rovers for the Liverpool Echo on a short-term interim basis.
- Published by Paste Magazine, writing about Olympics baseball.
- Landed an exclusive interview with Nicola Palios, co-owner of Tranmere Rovers. This was published in Love Wirral magazine.
2015 - aged 21
- Published by the Montreal Gazette, writing about the Canadiens and NHL.
- Syndicated by the Vancouver Sun.
- Became a Major League Baseball feature writer for The Guardian.
- Launched Planet Prentonia, a digital enterprise telling the real story of Tranmere Rovers.
- Became a professional feature writer for The Lake magazine.
- Joined Yawkey Way Report as a professional Red Sox blogger and magazine feature writer.
- Joined Love Wirral magazine as their professional Tranmere Rovers reporter.
2014 - aged 20
- Completed FA Level 1 course in football coaching.
- Became a Major League Baseball columnist for FanSided.
- Published by the Southern Daily Echo, writing about Ronald Koeman becoming Southampton manager.
- Joined Football Oranje as a staff writer, mainly covering PSV and the Dutch national team.
- Published by Cubs Insider, writing about the Chicago Cubs.
- Published by Late Tackle magazine.
- Published by Football Weekends magazine.
- Became a voluntary product tester for Unilever, participating in consumer research projects.
2013 - aged 19
- Award-winning article about baseball in Britain published by SABR, the Society for American Baseball Research.
- Won the British Baseball Writing Award as the leading writer on that sport in the United Kingdom.
- Became a qualified driver, gaining a full UK Driving License.
- Interviewed Gabe Kapler, a World Series champion with the Boston Red Sox.
- Secured a place to study Journalism at Liverpool John Moores University, but developed a freelance career in the meantime, foregoing extra studies for professional advancement.
- Gained three A-Levels at South Wirral VI Form, studying English Literature, Philosophy & Ethics and IT.
- Completed a work experience placement within a local Liberal Democrat press office.
2012 - aged 18
- Joined the media department of Tranmere Rovers on a voluntary basis, writing content for the award-winning matchday programme.
- Became a columnist for GUAR, the leading Tranmere Rovers fanzine.
- Began blogging about baseball more regularly.
- Covered Euro 2012 on a personal football blog.
2011 - aged 17
- Covered the AA North Division as a beat reporter for the British Baseball Federation.
- Gained 11 GCSEs from South Wirral High School, inclusive of 1A*, 2A, 6B and 2C.
2010 - aged 16
- Achieved an A* grade in GCSE English Language twelve months early, completing the course with unprecedented skill.
- Named South Wirral Upper School English Champion in recognition of excellent performance in that subject.
2009 - aged 15
- Became chief Tranmere Rovers reporter for the South Wirral school website.
- Named South Wirral Lower School French Champion as the best-performing student in that subject.
2008 - aged 14
- Wrote an unpublished book, 799 pages in length, chronicling the 2008 Boston Red Sox.